The Thracian Tourist Region Management Organization is part of Project BG16RFOP002-2.010-0002 "Increasing the Capacity of SMEs in the Tourism Sector by Supporting the Establishment and Functioning of Tourism Management Organizations" of the Ministry of Tourism.
The aim of the project is to increase the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises for the sustainable development of tourism through institutional support for the establishment and functioning of the Tourism Management Organizations in the 9 tourist regions in Bulgaria.
- Establishment of Tourist Area Management Organizations, which will, on the one hand, help create a mechanism for interaction between businesses and tourism organizations and, on the other, fill the gap in the management and marketing of destinations between local and national levels;
- Increasing the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises in tourism by improving their awareness, quality of the tourism product and tourist services;
- Improving the capacity of SMEs to facilitate access and presence on the national and international markets by participating in events and exhibitions.
- A1: Preparation of documentation and assignment of Public Procurement Act activities
- A2: Preparation for the establishment and operation of the Tourist Area Management Organizations
- A3: Opening Tourist Area Management Organizations’ offices in 9 tourist areas and purchasing equipment
- A4: Development and implementation of strategic documents for the development of tourist areas
- A5: Organizing the participation of SMEs in national and international exchanges, tourist events and exhibitions, B2B meetings, forums, etc.
- A6: Organization and management of the project
The Regional Development Agency with the Business Support Centre for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises - Plovdiv provides external expertise to the Thracian Tourist Region Management Organization.
Project BG16RFOP002-2.010-0002 "Increasing the Capacity of SMEs in the Tourism Sector by Supporting the Establishment and Functioning of Tourism Management Organizations”, Operational Program" Innovation and Competitiveness "2014-2020, co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.